Prior to this pandemic, laptops took a back seat to mobile phones and tablets. But now, a laptop is an essential component for all of us, be it college students, professionals or school kids.
But if you’re a student, you would need a decent laptop to enable you with your daily studies and lectures. To score your examinations, you’ll need one of the best college laptops. When it’s time to relax, you can also Play Games or watch TV. However, with so many options at such a wide range of prices, determining the best laptops for students can be a full-time job in and of itself.
Student laptops differ greatly in price, from low-cost models to high-end quad-core models. It’s not really easy to choose the best student laptops. What the laptop will be used for is an important factor to consider. If it can just be used to check mail, watch videos, and browse the internet, those prices aren’t all that high, and you could actually get away with a more expensive model.
However, if the student in question may need a laptop to deal with or needs a lot of support from the laptop, the price could be very high.
There are a few things to remember based on what field of research the laptop may be used for.
A laptop for anyone who studies social studies can be used mostly for writing articles, making PowerPoint displays, and spreadsheets. These are standard laptops that can be used almost everywhere. They don’t need a lot of power to run basic programmes like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
If you attend classes requiring graphics or architecture, you may need a high-end laptop. If you’re into graphic design, you’ll need a laptop with more than one CPU core, at least 3GB of RAM, and a good dedicated graphics card to keep things running smoothly. When there is a complicated 3D rendering or architecture, then again some solid CPU, at least 2GB or RAM, and more than decent graphics cards are required that can render a high-quality image in the very last pixel.
The one used for gaming is another kind of student laptop. These laptops, like the above, are very expensive as the current generation of games demands a lot from the overall computer system. A great start is a dual-core processor with 2GB of RAM and any of the later versions of the graphics cards. Some of the latest laptop models include two SLI configuration graphics cards for the ultimate performance.
Before you go out and buy a student laptop, you should always consider what you would use it for.
CPU – In terms of speed, laptop processors can differ quite a bit, so you should select carefully when choosing what to go with. A single core processor can perform a variety of functions, including web searching, email, instant messaging, movie streaming, and other low-processing-power applications. You could quickly write your paper on one of these and be satisfied.
RAM – This is the most important feature to search for in a laptop, along with the cpu. Consider this: the more RAM you have, the better the laptop can run, the more programme you will have running at once, and the more work you will do with the least amount of time. The less RAM you have… well, you’ll have to work out how to tweak your machine for best results if you want a laptop with a low RAM specification.
Hard drive space – This is a hard choice. Some people only use the simple software that comes with their laptop and don’t need to store anything else on it. On the other hand, there are media freaks that want to store everything, necessitating storage space similar to that of a central library. If you don’t plan to save a lot of data, start with a standard system HDD of 100 GB and work your way up to 500 GB if you plan to save everything you see on a daily basis.
Optical Drives – Can you plan on using your laptop as a video player? Most students can, so hunt for a laptop with an optical drive – a regular DVD burner will do for now. However, if you have a large budget, go for a laptop that has a Blu-Ray burner. This ensures that you can save up to 50 GB of data on a dual layer Blu-ray disc.
Wireless Network – Make sure you have a laptop with wireless access while you’re shopping for a student laptop. Since you never know what kind of internet connection you’ll have on a college campus, a wireless connection ensures that you’ll have access to the internet even though there’s no wired service.
Of addition, there are also plenty of other features and benefits to aim for in a student laptop. When selecting the right student laptop, bear in mind the basic features, and all the minor enhancements and bonuses can be added later!
Here is the list of Best 7 Laptops for Students
The Lenovo IdeaPad S145 AMD is primarily designed for long-term efficiency. It offers efficient, smooth processing in a sleek, light build. This sturdy 15.6-inch laptop is ideal for everyday computing, with excellent audio and fast, secure storage choices.
The AMD A6-9225 processor in the Ideapad S145 provides a powerful output. With 2 cores and 1MB cache memory, you can get up to 2.9 Ghz processor speeds. The Ideapad has 4 GB of RAM, which means it can do several tasks without stuttering.
With a 15.6-inch High Definition Screen capable of showing over million pixels, you will enjoy the last aspect of your photos and videos. A clean interface and wider display, with a thin bezel on two sides, provide more viewing space and less clutter, while Anti Glare technology ensures a fully immersive environment.
- Processor: AMD A6-9225 | Speed: 2.6 GHz (Base) – 3.1 GHz (Max) | 2 Cores
- OS: Pre-Loaded Windows 10 Home with Lifetime Validity
- Memory and Storage: 4GB RAM DDR4, Upgradable up to 8GB | 1TB HDD
- Display: 15.6″ HD (1366×768) | Anti-Glare
- Design: 1.99 cm Thin and 1.85 kg Light | Narrow Bezel | Battery Life: 3 Hours
- Camera (Built-in): 0.3 MP Camera | Fixed Focus | Integrated Monaural Microphone
- Audio: 2 x 1.5W Stereo Speakers | HD Audio | Dolby Audio
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 USB 2.0, Headphone/Mic combo jack, HDMI 1.4b, 4-in-1 media reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- In the box: Laptop, Power Adapter and User Manual
- Warranty: This genuine Lenovo laptop comes with 1 year onsite manufacturer warranty
- In case of any technical/product related queries, please call 1800-419-7555
If you are searching for Long-lasting battery life and a compact with lightweight model then you can go for this one micro-edge bezel interface help you stay linked to what matters most. The HP 15-inch laptop is designed to keep you busy and comfortable no matter where you are. It has a large monitor and consistent output, allowing you to download, surf, and run through tasks from sunrise to sunset.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor, 2.6 GHz base processor speed, up to 3.5 GHz burst frequency, 2 cores, 5MB L3 cache
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home
- Display: 15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) SVA WLED Display
- Memory & Storage: 4GB DDR4 RAM, with AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics | Storage: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
- Design & battery: Laptop weight: 2.04 kg | Maximum battery life = Up to 13 hours, HP Fast Charge battery: 0 to 50% under 45 minutes
- Included Software: Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n (1×1) and Bluetooth 4.2 combo
- Warranty: This genuine HP laptop comes with a 1-year domestic warranty from HP covering manufacturing defects and not covering physical damage.
- For more details, see Warranty section below
- In the Box: Laptop with included battery and charger
Long-lasting battery life and a compact and lightweight micro-edge bezel interface help you stay linked to what matters most. The HP 15-inch laptop is designed to keep you busy and amused no matter where you are. It has a large monitor and consistent output, allowing you to download, surf, and run through tasks from sunrise to sunset.
- Processor: Intel Celeron N4020 (1.1 GHz base frequency(2b), up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency(2c), 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB); Storage: 1TB 5400 rpm SATA
- Display: 15.6″ diagonal FHD SVA anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit, 220 nits, 45% NTSC (1366 x 768)
- Minimum Dimensions (W x D x H): 35.85 x 24.2 x 1.99 cm; Weight: 1.75 kg
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 – Home edition
AVITA’s ultra-slim and light-weight Notebook Laptops try to cut through the noise. With a massive 6 hours of battery life, the options are endless, when low power can no longer limit the immersive experience. It is equipped with an Intel Celeron N4000 cpu, 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM, and a 128GB SSD, allowing you to complete even the most difficult tasks without dropping a sweat.
You can now binge-watch all of your favorite shows on a stunning 14-inch TFT IPS Display (1920×1080), making every minute spent on this laptop a gorgeous, effortless experience to recall.
- Processor: Celeron N4000 processor, 1.10 GHz base processor speed, 2.60 GHz Max speed
- Operating System:Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home in S Mode | In the box Laptop, AC Adapter, User Guide, Manuals
- Display: 14-inch screen (1920X1080) FHD display | Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Memory & Storage: 4 GB DDR4 RAM with intel integrated UHD Graphics | Storage: 128 GB SSD
- Design and battery: Thin and light Laptop| Laptop weight 1.37kg |Alluminum Body| Battery Life: Upto 6 Hours as per MobileMark
- Ports and Optical Drive: USB 3.0 Type A x 2 , Full Size HDMI x 1, Micro SD Card Reader, |No Optical Drive
- This genuine Avita Laptop comes with 18+6 months onsite domestic warranty from Avita covering manufacturing defects and not covering physical damage. For more details, see Warranty section
If you need more features and portability to get things done, the HP Chromebook x360 is a great choice. It has a fan-less processor that provides a silent desktop experience, a smooth metal keyboard, USI Universal stylus support, and a long battery life. Chromebook boots up quickly and remains that way.
Your Chromebook is secure and up to date thanks to built-in malware security and automated updates. The HP Chromebook has 360-degree hinges for a smoother viewing experience. This convertible Chromebook can be configured to meet your specific requirements.
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 600
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Memory & Storage: 4GB DDR4 RAM | 64 GB eMMC storage
- Camera & Microphone: HP True Vision HD camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
To challenge the age-old, preconceived idea that laptops are pricey devices, iBall has created something that would undoubtedly grab you by surprise. The iBall CompBook Merit G9 Laptop was designed with teachers, employees, and small business companies in mind, and it falls well into the budget segment.
The iBall CompBook Merit G9 is a compact and lightweight laptop that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and is powered by a powerful Intel Celeron Processor with HDD/SSD support up to 1 TB. Add on a precision touchpad, and you’ve got yourself a bargain you can’t pass up.
- Product 1: Processor: Intel Celeron processor, intel Celeron Processor N3350 2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz
- Product 1: Operating System: Preloaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Product 1: Display: 11.6-inch HD (1366×768) display
- Product 1: Memory & Storage: 2GB DDR3 SD RAM with Intel HD graphics | Storage: 32GB Serial ATA HDD
- Product 2: Dimensions Mouse (height x width x depth): 105.4 mm x 67.9 mm x 38.4 mm Weight: 91.0 g Nano receiver (height x width x depth): 14.4 mm x 18.7 mm x 6.1 mm Weight: 1.8 g
- Product 2: System Requirements Windows 10 or later, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 7 Mac OS X 10.5 or later Chrome OSTM Linux Kernel 2.6+2 USB port
- Product 2: Technical Specifications Connection Type: 2.4GHz wireless connection Wireless range: 10 meters It may vary based on use and computing conditions. Connect / Power: Yes, on/off switch Battery Details: 1 x AA Battery Life (not rechargeable): 24 months Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions. DPI (Min/Max): 1000± Sensor technology: Yes, 2D, mechanical Sensor resolution: 1000 dpi Scroll Wheel: Yes Number of buttons: 3 Standard and Special Buttons: Middle click
- Product 2: Package Contents Mouse Nano receiver 1 AA battery (pre-installed) User documentation
You may also be interested in –
In one place, you’ll find the best of both work and play. With the HP Chromebook’s responsive processor, 35.56 cm (14) display with more screen space, stereo speakers tuned by B&O audio experts, and a long battery life, you can complete every task while binge watching your favorite shows.
The HP Chromebook 14 is designed for use at work, home, education, and anywhere else. It boots in under 10 seconds and is constantly upgraded, so it is still at peak capacity, just like you and your children. HP Chromebook 14 is designed to sync with all of your devices, allowing you to pick up where you left off every time. The average battery life is 9.18 hours. Along with excellent features, the Chromebook comes with a battery, an AC adapter, a user guide, and manuals.
- 1.1GHz Intel Celeron N4020 processor
- 4GB DDR4 RAM
- 64GB SSD
- 14-inch screen, Intel UHD 600 Graphics
- Chrome OS operating system
- 1.46kg laptop